Wyeth S-26 Mama
You will be redirected to one of our partner sites. Please make sure you read their terms and conditions. Wyeth is not liable for our partner sites
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
If you are searching for the product that can help supplement your nutritional needs during and after your pregnancy, you have come to the right website. Read on and we will show you the importance of nutritional supplementation and how S-26® MAMA can help you.
Are You Consuming Adequate Nutrients?
Good maternal nutritional support is important for the mother’s health and sets the foundation for your baby’s development. However, a study on Malaysian women of childbearing age has found that many of them do not consume the Recommended Nutrient Intake (RNI) of many important nutrients such as folic acid, iron, calcium and etc. 1
- Folic Acid helps to maintain the growth and development of the foetus.
- Iron is for formation of red blood cells, which carry oxygen to all parts of the body.
- Calcium helps to develop strong bones and teeth.
It is also necessary to know that nutrients such as DHA & Choline are important for pregnancy2,3,4. Supplementation with DHA has been found to increase the scores of the Mental Developmental Index (MDI), a childhood intelligence test.5 Mother’s choline status during the first half of pregnancy is associated with her child’s cognitive development.6
Prebiotic supplements such as oligofructose can help increase intestinal bifidobacteria. 7
Concerned about Weight Gain during Pregnancy?
A woman’s weight status prior to pregnancy and her weight gain during pregnancy have been identified to influence pregnancy outcomes and the health of her child. 9
|Total Weight Gain||Rates of Weight Gain*
2nd and 3rd Trimester
|Pregnancy BMI||range in kg||Mean (range) in kg/week|
|Underweight (<18.5 kg/m2)||12.5-19||0.51 (0.44-0.58)|
|Normal weight (<18.5-24.9 kg/m2)||11.5-16||0.42 (0.35-0.50)|
|overweight (<25.0-29.9 kg/m2)||7-11.5||0.28 (0.23-0.33)|
|Obese (>30.0 kg/m2)||5-9||0.22 (0.17-0.27)|
Adapted from IOM 20099
*Discuss with your Health Care Professional if you have any questions or concerns regarding weight gain during pregnancy.
S-26®MAMA with new improved WYETH BIOFACTORS SYSTEM® helps provide good maternal nutrition important for both you and your child through the stages of :
- Khor G et al. Dietary and blood folate status of Malaysian women of childbearing age. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2006; 15(3): 341-49.
- Koletzko B, Cetin I, Brenna JT. Dietary fat intakes for pregnant and lactating women. Br J Nutr. 2007;98(5):873 – 877
- Zeisel SH. Nutritional importance of choline for brain development. J Am Coll Nutr. 2004 Dec;23(6 Suppl):621S - 626S.
- NRC. Dietary Reference Intakes for Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin B12, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, and Choline . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 1998:390 – 422.
- Birch E, Garfield S, Hoffman D, Uauy R and Birch D. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Early Dietary Supply of Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Mental Development in Term Infants. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000 Mar;42(3):174-81.
- Wu BTF, Dyer RA, King DJ, Richardson KJ, Innis SM. Early Second Trimester Maternal Plasma Choline and Betaine Are Related to Measures of Early Cognitive Development in Term Infants. PLoS One. 2012;7(8):e43448
- ILSI Europe. International Life Science Institute Europe. Prebiotics and the Gut Microbiota. 2013: 16-19.
- Institute for Public Health (IPH) 2008. The Third National Health and Morbidity Survey (NHMS III) 2006, Nutritional Status. Ministry of Health, Malaysia
- IOM. Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines. 2009; Washington, DC: National Academies Press
Available size: 900g (can)
Please refer to Nutritional panel on the product
Was this article helpful for you?
This article was helpful for 0 moms.
Thank you for your opinion.
Find out how Wyeth Nutrition products are able to provide your child with the right nutrition, as well as our specially formulated supplement for pregnant and lactating mothers.Check our Products