You can return to work no earlier than two weeks after the birth
What is a female employee's entitlement?
- Your maternity leave starts from your delivery date
- You can return to work no earlier than two weeks after the birth
- If you work for private sector your maternity leave should be a minimum of 60 days and 90 days if you work for Federal government and certain states in Malaysia
When to tell your boss
- There is no legal provision in the Employment Act 1955 that you should tell your employer that you are pregnant but your employment contract may require you to inform them. Talk to your HR department if you are unsure .
- You may find it better to tell them as soon as possible, so they know you have a good reason to attend medical appointments (you may be entitled to paid time off for antenatal appointments)
- Your spouse may be entitled to paid paternity leave (check with your spouse's employer)